Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Psycho's and surprises.

Some days just can’t be figured out until they happen. When I woke up this morning it seemed like it would be just a tuesday in the vines working. I didn’t know it would start off with a croissant, but it did. My son ran out to the boulanger before school and brought one home for everyone. It can all be so good if that’s the way you want to look at it.

Why not. I had to get gasoline this morning too. It was going to be a sunny day. Or so I thought. In any case at eight thirty it was golden red. I gassed up and then was feeling so good that I sugared up too. Oh yeah. Thanks to that little break, the timing was just right for an eagle to fly beside me and land on a bush just on the roadside as I drove to work. Who could have seen that coming.

I had a couple of minutes so I stopped and watched him until I had to go. I honked my horn before leaving and watched him glide off, all gold as he caught the rising sun along with the wind. Hmm.

I didn’t know my son was going to call before I got to work, upset and worrying he had done something wrong because his mothers car got broken into. Yes, how does that train of thought arise. I try not to speculate on that. It’s not any different than the parent who doesn’t look too hard when their kid is getting abused. What can I do, there is no legal provision for proving psychological damage. Though it seems that stressed children usually are a pointer.

The day went quickly. The sun warmed everything up and by the afternoon, we were stripped down to t-shirts. After yesterday’s cold 75mph winds, it was surprising. No surprise there.

The big surprise came when I got home. There was a letter for me from my divorce lawyer. After three years of one sided wrangling we finally got a decision. It was exactly what I offered (close to everything) in the beginning. She got the kids 80% of the time, and the house, I got to be unmarried to her. It was the only way to keep from dying a long sad death along with her. It had to be done.

So the letter came and it said my ex wife (one day) was appealing the decision. That was not expected, I mean how much more than everything can one get? But that is what this woman I once called wife wants. Everyone's heard that Hell has no fury like a scorned woman, but what they don't often hear is that Heaven has no joy like a divorced man. You see it's all how you look at. For better or worse, it seems like I'll have another few years to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment